Adults may benefit from seeing a speech pathologist for many reasons. Speech Pathology can help adults communicate more effectively at work, with their family and friends, or in the community. Speech pathologists can help you gain confidence and work with you to achieve your personal goals.
How can Speech Pathology help adults?
Speech Pathologists work with adults in many different circumstances and settings. Speech Pathologists work with adults that need help with their swallowing and communication. Some of the types of problems that we help with include:
• Language problems, like word finding difficulties and aphasia
• Speech problems, such as dysarthria (slurred speech), apraxia of speech (difficulty planning the movements for speech), prosody (variations in tone) and accent modification
• Stuttering (fluency)
• Voice problems (dysphonia)
• Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia)
• Cognitive communication problems (difficulty with memory, reasoning, etc)
• Social communication skills (pragmatics)
How can Eat Speak Learn Help?
Our experienced speech pathologists work with you to develop a management plan that reflects your goals and improve your quality of life. We are passionate about providing an evidence-based service that is engaging and fun!
Here are some examples of how Eat Speak Learn can help adults:
- Help adults who stutter speak more fluently
- Provide therapy and strategies to modify your accent to improve interactions in the workplace
- Provide therapy and management plans for adults who have had a stroke or head injury. We can also help you transition back into the workplace or study.
- Help adults with voice problems, such as vocal nodules, and provide strategies for using your voice effectively in the workplace and at home to prevent vocal misuse.
- Help adults to improve their literacy skills if they have difficulty reading and writing.
- Help adults with social communication skills
- Help adults with disability to communicate and swallow safely and effectively
- Provide communication and swallowing assessment and management plans for adults with a range of illness, diseases or disorders, such as Parkinson’s Disease, Motor Neurone Disease, dementia, Huntington’s Disease
- Help adults with swallowing difficulties (dysphagia) to manage food and fluid safely while still being able to enjoy mealtimes and engage in social events
How can we access Eat Speak Learn Speech Pathology services?
At Eat Speak Learn we understand that some of our clients may have difficulty accessing health services due to health, transport and other reasons. We are passionate about helping people regardless of where they live or their level of disability. If you are unable to attend our clinic, we may be able to offer you an appointment:
• In Your Home
• In aged care Facilities
• In the community or workplace